Professional Mold Testing in NJ
Here at Certified Mold Assessments, we pride ourselves on continuing education and keeping up with the latest advancements in mold testing. All of this information is especially important to those dealing with CIRS. We have the tools and resources to discover the following information about your home:
- Mold information – Mold, or fungi, exist all around us, both inside and outside of buildings. Water damage indicator molds such as Stachybotrys, Chaetomium, Ulocladium, and Fusarium can indicate chronic water problems in a building.
- Mycotoxins information – Mold needs to defend its territory just like any other organism. Therefore, certain molds produce mycotoxins as defense mechanisms. Some common types include Afflatoxin, Ochratoxin, Tricothecene, and Gliotoxin.
- ERMI/Hertsmi-2 – The ERMI (Environmental Relative Moldiness Index) is a study developed by the EPA to provide a straightforward, objective, sensitive and standardized way to assess mold and indoor air quality investigation. The USEPA developed the ERMI as a ranking based on dust samples collected from home. The ERMI will help predict the moldiness of the home and is also a good tool when comparing the moldiness of multiple homes.
- Bacteria – Bacteria are the primary colonizers or first organisms to grow after a water event occurs in a building. As bacteria die, they can produce dangerous toxins called endotoxins. Bacteria species present in water-damaged buildings (WDB) are Actinomycetes.
- Endotoxins – Toxins (poisons) released by gram-negative bacteria into the environment, toxins kept within the bacterial cell and are released only after the destruction of the bacterial cell wall. The bacteria that produce endotoxins grow alongside fungus/mold in indoor water-damaged environments. These gram-negative bacteria harbor in the human digestive tract and are a source of inflammation in the gut and other parts of the body. The most common routes of endotoxin exposure are through inhalation or intestinal tract absorption through food or water. The health effect of endotoxins varies depending on the individual, dosage, and route of exposure.
- VOCs – Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs), such as formaldehyde. They are emitted as gases from certain materials. VOCs include a variety of chemicals, some of which may have short and long-term adverse health effects.
We are mold experts offering mold inspections and mold testing.
Without mold testing how do you even know if you have mold? Mold testing and a mold inspection can answer your questions. A certified mold inspector knows that mold creates the most common indoor air quality complaints, from the smell of “mildew” to the adverse health effects of fungal spores.
For most home owners and home buyers, the principle environmental concern is mold. Be aware that without a visit from a certified mold inspector mold can cause serious damage to your property.
We not only make sure you are safe, we deliver with information you can understand. Certified Mold Assessments is stopping the spread of mold in Florida. If you need information on toxic mold, mold test kits or black mold testing in Florida, we are the company you should call.
We provide Florida mold inspections, mold testing, and mold remediation referrals.
When should you consider have mold testing done at your home or business?
- Is there a musty smell in your home or building?
- Are there visible signs of water damage anywhere?
- Has the property ever suffered a leaking basement?
- Has the property ever suffered a plumbing leak?
- Has the property ever suffered a sink or sewer overflow?
- Has the property ever suffered other water problems?
- Has the property ever suffered a roof leak?
If you answered yes to any of the questions above, consider a mold inspection or mold testing now.
If any of the family members, residents or occupants experience any of the following adverse health effects, it may indicate that mold is present in their environment.
- sinus congestion
- flu-like systems
- runny nose
- skin rashes
- irritation of the eyes, nose or throat
Whether you are buying, selling, renting properties, or just want to ensure your present home or building is mold free, we can provide the professional service you need on short notice. All conducted by a certified mold professional and can include a complete evaluation of both the interior and exterior of your property. Using a variety of mold testing methodologies and forensic lab analysis on samples taken, we can provide you with a detailed report of the findings and our recommendations.